WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY?
Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure where a series of superfine injections of vitamins, minerals and amino acids cocktails are delivered into the mesodermal layer of the skin.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Mesotherapy is a skin rejuvenation treatment that delivers various nourishing substances into the layers of the skin where cell repair and growth occurs. There are numerous types of vitamins, amino-acids, minerals, hyaluronic acids, all essential components for healthy skin cells, that can be delivered by mesotherapy.
At Elixir we use the Dermapen which is passed over the area to be treated, and inserts tiny needles into the skin, leaving minute puncture wounds. These tiny punctures trigger the body’s wound healing response and encourage the body to renew the skin cells in that area. While the body repairs the skin, it increases the production of collagen and elastin, immediately plumping the area, and causing a diminishment to wrinkles. As the body repairs the skin you will also see scarring, dark marks and sun damage decreasing.
DOES IT HURT?
Local anaesthetic cream may be applied prior to treatment to numb the skin, this need not be a painful treatment but some of the ingredients may produce a mild stinging sensation . After treatment the skin may have pin prick marks & tiny blebs/bumps at the injection site dependent on the device and or product used to administer the product. There may be some redness, tenderness, bruising which should settle within days. Makeup should not be worn for 12 hours. Your skin will start to regenerate and develop over time giving you a beautiful youthful glow. A course of treatment will be required as advised by your clinician for best results.
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST?
Mesotherapy for skin rejuvenation is generally given in a course of treatments with results lasting between 3-5 months. Top up treatments will be required to maintain the results. Treatment protocols vary depending on the indication and serum used.
WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY USED FOR?
When you receive the injections, the ingredients in them target fat cells, like those found in unwanted cellulite. This results in the fat melting away, and most people never see this fat return. It is completely gone; however, it does take a few weeks for this to occur
MILD BRUISING 24HRS
WHY COOSE ELIXIR?
- Honest, Fully qualified cosmetic Dentist and advanced aesthestician.
- Experience and expertise in Lip fillers, lip augmentation and lip correction
- Fully trained in Advanced aesthetics procedures
- Dr Qureshi is recognised by The Care Quality Commission and has over 15yrs medical expertise.
- All our therapists and staff are fully qualified and trained in their field of expertise
- Superior after care support
- Modern, comfortable and hygienic local premises for your consultation and treatment
- Past and present client satisfaction and feedback
- Elicircosmetics only uses the highest grade FDA approved products for every treatment
With any injectable treatment;
- Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any of the ingredients or local anaesthetic If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are taking steroids or have autoimmune disease. If you have any bleeding disorders. If you suffer from a poorly controlled medical condition
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (Isotretinoin acne treatment) in the last 18 months. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have active acne If you have a previously been treated with a permanent injectable implant.
- If you have suffered from keloid scars Scleroderma Epilepsy
- Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, you must advise your clinician in advance of treatment.
- If you are planning to attend a special event when a bruise, should it occur, would be unacceptable to you.
- Some over the counter medicines and supplements can also affect bleeding (make you more prone to bruising) as can alcohol- which should be avoided the day before and after treatment.
- Vigorous exercise, sun exposure, sun beds, sauna should be avoided for 48 hours, or as advised by your clinician, after treatment.